It’s the second Saturday of the month and that means it’s World Doll day!
Kewpie83 of “Confessions of a Doll Collector’s Daughter” first made me aware of this a few years ago – you can see her post about its origins here. I have two agenda items for my post tonight. Firstly, I received a World Doll Day tag from Blackkitty of “The Multicrafteral Lab” – thankyou to her! My WDD task is to 1). Post three of my favourite dolls from this year, 2. Let you know about three dolls on my wish list and then 3. Tag 5 people. So let’s get started!
Firstly, three of my best dolls from the last year. Number one is my Makie, Pocofaux:
I absolutely adore Makies and I’m the proud owner of three of these little dolls. I’ve chosen Poco instead of any of the others because she was my first, and also because I recently made her over and haven’t got round to posting about her new look yet. It only seems fair, as I’ve recently posted about SilverGrey’s makeover anyway, and my third Makie isn’t quite ready to be introduced on here yet (you’ve probably seen him if you follow me on Instagram, though).
Number two was a tough one – finally, I chose Wydowna to represent the Monsters in my collection:
I Love Fashion Wydowna completely blew me away when I got her. I love her style, I love her design, and she’s such fun to play with and photograph. There are still so many great dolls coming out of this line, but Wydowna is just so different and exciting that I think she’s my favourite from the last year.
Lastly, I had to pick a Barbie. You’d presume I’d pick a Lea, right? Well, I didn’t. Don’t get me wrong, the Leas I’ve bought over the last year have been fabulous, but I think that this doll beats them to it – Barbie Style Midge:
Beautiful, collectable sculpt: check. Quirky, retro outfit: check. Unusual hair colour: check. Details to die for (flower sunglasses, tiny watch): check. Pivotal body: check. There is nothing I don’t like about this doll – she’s a dream.
Anyway, on to the next section – dolls on my wish list. *sigh* I’ve really limited the amount of doll shopping I’ve done this year, so it’s a pretty big list. However, I’d say my top three probably look like this (this week, anyway):
1. Kitty Cheshire. I’ve wanted this doll for ages and just not got round to her yet:
You might have noticed that I love Cat dolls, and I’ve also talked about the fact that I have a small collection of Alice in Wonderland dolls. I have to get this doll!! The version doesn’t matter to me – this signature one, the Spring Unsprung version, the new Wonderland version – they’re all amazing.
2. I’ve only seen one or two pictures, but I’m really intrigued by the looks of this new Disney Snow White doll:
(Sorry for the rubbish quality, by the way, it was the only one I could find at short notice). You might remember that I also have a soft spot for Snow White dolls, so I will be looking into this ASAP.
3. Like EVERYBODY ELSE IN THE DOLLYVERSE, I am eagerly awaiting the two Leas that are due to be released this year – the Barbie Style Asian Lea, and this one:
Seriously, everybody is raving about these dolls, especially City Shine. I’m getting a bit worried about my chances of getting hold of them!
So, next I need to tag five people to do this too –
As always, apologies if you’ve already been tagged and if you don’t want to do it, that’s fine – I love you anyway 🙂
On to my second agenda item. I’m doing a little giveaway in honour of World Doll Day!
1. If you are entering via the comments on this post, you will need yo be following the blog. You can also enter on Instagram if you are following me there – see my page @intheplastic. Please, only one entry per person though!
2. If you’re under 16, please ask your parent’s permission before entering.
3. Just leave a comment on this post saying you’d like to enter the contest – that’s it! Just let me know you want her.
4. On the 24th June, the competition will close and I will give any entries I’ve received a number.
5. I’ll pick the winning number out of a hat.
6. I’ll contact the winner to arrange delivery.
7. I will take Clawdeen out of the box, wrap her up carefully, and post her to the winner. I’ll do this for free, and I’ll post to anywhere in the world, by Royal Mail standard post.
It’s that easy! I’ve had a few entries so far on Instagram, but it really is only a few, so you’re still in with a good chance if you fancy throwing your hat in the ring 🙂
It just remains for me to wish you a very happy World Doll Day. Hope you’ve had a great dolly time!